Wednesday, April 25, 2012

St. Mary's Lab 6 - 4/23/12



Today was our last day at St. Mary's for 201. It was a very fun lab. My group was the gym group again, so we led the opening activities. What was different about today's lab was that we didn't assess any skills, so we played parachute games. The TA's led activities along with us. They went well, but we did have problems with some of the kids going through the hole that's in the middle of the parachute.

When we broke off into groups, the students that stayed with us played more parachute activites with a smaller parachute. After parachute games we played a bunch of different tag games. The students were loving tag today! We played blob tag, line tag, freeze tag, variatinos of freeze tag, regular tag, sharks and minnows....we played A LOT of tag, but the kids had fun!!! At the end we played a quick game of basketball before it was time for closing activities.

Everyone had a great time today at St. Mary's, it was bittersweet leaving them. From my experience at St. Mary's I've learned a lot, a lot more than I thought I would. One thing that I've learned is that you always need to be prepared and have back up plans for your class. You need to have the least amount of distractions as possible. You need to be aware of what age level your teaching and what is appropriate for them. I've taken all that I've learned to become a better teacher.

To see more on my reflections from St. Mary's - look at this!

No comments:

Post a Comment